Is Article Marketing Dead?

shugo

I want to know your opinion on this. Thanks a lot. Mine looks like that - No! Actually article marketing is still a great way to generate traffic to your website or blog.

The reason article marketing works is you are providing quality information and in exchange you get to have links pointing to your site from your author bio box. The back link helps you in terms of SEO and ranking highly in the search engines. Your call to action should get some people to click through to your site. Article marketing should be one of
your methods of generating traffic to your site. Remember to use different article directories from time to time so you have links from other places pointing to your site (link diversity).

Need to know what are you thinking of this. Any are welcome. ;)

@shugo, hi and welcome here.

I do not think that article marketing is dead. Article marketing gave the first steps to so called content marketing. Now the term is content marketing and combinats more, not only article sharing, but infographics, videos, and whatever you can think of, valuable and useful for users and Internet.

Of course, there is something you should consider few things while practicing such a method:

1. Choosing trusted and high traffic sites.
2. Be careful with linking from the article.
3. Make it interesting and valuable, after all you do in for readers, not bots.

Article marketing is not dead, just lost some positions in the marketers lists. And it is normal, now social media sites bring more traffic, videos are more sharable, infographics are now explaining more than an article with 500+ words. Things are changing. And they will continue doing it. Mobile is coming ... I believe you've already noticed it.

От: Is Article Marketing Dead?

Major article directories like eZine articles and Goarticles were gamaged by the latest Google updates.The so called "BUM marketing"
where you submit hundreds of keyword optimized articles containing your aff links in those directories is less and less effective.
Major Web 2.0 sites like Squidoo and Hubpages where also injured by the Google updates.
In my opinion video marketing is the future.Video content gains more trust in search engines and gets high rankings.
Those days people hate reading text and love videos....

Yes, they were hit by newest Google updates and now they are less traffic. Another reason why webmasters do not use them as a traffic resources. Anyway, they still have some. Most of the sites were hit by Google, because of the quality of the content, or Google used this as a reason to decrease their positions in the results as well as the traffic.

Video marketing, graphics and quality content is the future, there is no doubt. People want to get the information into their heads quick and nicely, which means that if you can presented the way you meet this criteria, you will succeed in your marketing. Fast life requires fast solutions. :)

Горе